[bsdcan-announce] BSDCan 2007 - Call for papers

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Tue Dec 19 20:00:52 PST 2006

Hello folks,

BSDCan 2007 will be held May 18-19, 2007, in Ottawa at University of
Ottawa.  We are now requesting proposals for papers.

The papers should be written with a very strong technical content
bias. Papers and proposals of a business development or marketing
nature are not appropriate for this venue.

If you are doing something interesting with a BSD operating system,
please submit a proposal.  You might be developing a very complex
system using BSD as the foundation.  Perhaps you are helping others
and have a story to tell about how BSD played a role. People using
BSD as a platform for research are also encouraged to submit a
proposal. Perhaps you want to submit a proposal such as "How we
manage a giant installation with respect to handling spam / sysadmin
/ networking. All these stories are welcome.  Both users and
developers are encouraged to share their experiences.

The schedule is:

19 Dec 2006 Proposal acceptance begins
19 Jan 2007 Proposal acceptance ends
19 Feb 2007 Confirmation of accepted proposals
19 Mar 2007 Abstracts due
19 Apr 2007 Formatted final papers must arrive no later than this
date

NOTE: This is the schedule for formal papers. We are also accepting
submissions for for less formal talks and presentations.

See also <http://www.bsdcan.org/2007/papers.php>

Instructions for submitting a proposal to BSDCan 2007 are available
from: <http://www.bsdcan.org/2007/submissions.php>

--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/