[bsdcan-announce] withdrawn: Diskless Computer Cluster and Large Disk Fileserver

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Tue Mar 28 19:46:02 UTC 2006

Unfortunately, this talk has been withdrawn:

Diskless Computer Cluster and Large Disk Fileserver

Date sent:      	Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:41:56 -0500
Subject:        	Re: " Diskless Computer Cluster and Large Disk Fileserver at
	USARL"
From:           	Erik Greenwald <egreenwald at arl.army.mil>
To:             	Dan Langille <dan at langille.org>

On 3/28/06 2:31 PM, "Dan Langille" <dan at langille.org> wrote:

> On 28 Mar 2006 at 14:20, Erik Greenwald wrote:
>

>> I'm afraid I have to retract the "Diskless Computer Cluster and Large Disk
>> Fileserver at USARL" paper/presentation. Due to internal issues, my travel
>> was not approved, so I will not be able to make it up there. I apologize for
>> any inconvenience as well as for how little time I'm leaving to fill the
>> spot. Hopefully I will be able resubmit next year and get the internal
>> approvals done very early...
>

> If this is just a matter of funding, we can meet those costs.  Will
> that enable you to attend?

No, the funding was all in line, this is a gov't bureaucracy thing. Due to
the content, I cannot do the paper and presentation as a 'private citizen',
and the request for international travel permission was denied (sadly, it's
my fault... I missed a detail on one of the many regulations and got my
request in a hair late, and my late justification was inadequate.)

Next year, I intend to start my internal paperwork in november or december,
hopefully having permission to at least attend the conference all locked
down before proposal acceptance is announced... I feel pretty bad about how
this all fell apart :-/

Thanks

 -Erik

--
Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work
my resume: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php