[bsdcan-announce] BSDA beta exam at BSDCan

Dru dlavigne6 at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 27 09:49:29 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

BSDCan will be one of the locations for taking the BSDA beta exam. The
announcement and how to register is here:

http://lists.nycbug.org/pipermail/bsdcert/2007-April/001110.html

And details about what to expect during the beta are here:

http://www.bsdcertification.org/index.php?NAV=News&Item=pr044

This is a sysadmin exam--if you have existing sysadmin skills on BSD you
can assist the BSD Certification Group in collecting psychometric data by
participating in the beta. The data collected will be most useful if you
review the exam objectives and brush up on what's rusty before taking the
exam.

There will be a 3 hour time slot available on both the Friday and Saturday
of BSDCan. However it shouldn't take more than 1-2 hours to take the exam.
Since you're paying to see great talks and I'm proctoring (and also want
to see great talks) we're looking for timeslots that least impact the talk
schedule. Some suggestions are:

8:00 - 11:00 (Friday only as I'm talking Saturday morning)

11:00 - 2:00 (we will save your boxed lunch for you)

4:00 - 7:00 (you may be a bit late for the evening festivities)

We're open to other suggestions regarding time.

Cheers,

Dru