[bsdcan-announce] BSDCan 2016 - party & newcomers

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Thu Jun 2 13:26:51 UTC 2016

Hello,

In this note:

* The Party
* New comers session

The Party

This year, we return to Lowertown Brewery, the same location as last year.
Your ticket is just $30, but if you don't have one, or need one for someone
else, please send an an email to info at bsdcan.org <mailto:info at bsdcan.org> with subject
"Closing Party".  This will help us with numbers and you will receive your ticket[s]
during registration pickup.  NOTE: If you've purchased a party ticket or already told
me you need a one, I've got you covered, and there is no need to email.

The closing party occurs on Saturday night, after the closing session.  It's a short walk
to the Lowertown Brewery.

Can't remember if you bought a ticket? Look for "Closing Party (Saturday night): $30.00"
in an email titled "BSDCan 2016 - user registration".

Details here: http://www.bsdcan.org/2016/schedule/events/768.en.html <http://www.bsdcan.org/2016/schedule/events/768.en.html>

New comers session

f this is your first time at BSDCan, please attend the 'Newcomers
orientation and mentorship' session on Thursday night. Show up in room
1160 of Desmarais Hall any time between 6 and 9 PM, where experienced
BSDCan attendees will be available to help you get the most out of
BSDCan.

You'll get answers to questions such as:

 * Why is the closing session so popular?
 * What is the charity auction?
 * Why do people pay $5 for a cookie? Why
 * Where is the best shawarma? gelato? beaver tails?

This is information that only experience attendees know.  Come meet them and find out more.
See http://www.bsdcan.org/2016/schedule/events/767.en.html <http://www.bsdcan.org/2016/schedule/events/767.en.html>

Our sponsors

iXsystems              - http://www.ixsystems.com/ <http://www.ixsystems.com/>
EMC                    - http://www.emc.com/