[bsdcan-announce] BSDCan 2017 - new registration location & news

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Sat Jun 3 00:52:31 UTC 2017

Hello,

I write with several items of important news about BSDCan 2017. The
line up of speakers, the social events, and the keynote, all have me
very enthusiastic about BSDCan 2017.

* Keynote details
* Registration in new pub (free beverage)
* Closing social event (free beverage)

Read on for details.

*Keynote details

Our keynote speaker this year will be Dr. Michael Geist.

Dr. Geist is a law professor at the University of Ottawa and a regular
tech law columnist for the Globe and Mail. His distinguished career
includes editing several books on law and technology, serving on a
variety of boards, and being named one of the most influential people
in the intellectual property field.

He will be speaking about the importance of the technology community
actively engaging on matters of policy. We'll also have a Q&A session
with one of the most respected tech lawyers in the world.

* Registration in new pub

BSDCan has a long tradition of starting at the pub. This year, for the first time,
we will not be at our traditional location. Instead, please go to The Red Lion at
47 Clarence Street, Ottawa, Ontario. The new venue is much bigger. We have
the back room to ourselves, and the WIFI was great when we tried it out.

Please come along and be there for what may become a new tradition.
To entice you to the new venue, your first beverage is on us.

Details here: http://www.bsdcan.org/2017/schedule/events/888.en.html <http://www.bsdcan.org/2017/schedule/events/888.en.html>

* Closing social event

The closing social event, like the registration night, will be at The Red Lion.
If you have not already purchased your ticket, you can purchase additional
tickets for you, or your favourite friend, during registration pickup.

As with the first night, your first beverage is on us.

Details here: http://www.bsdcan.org/2017/schedule/events/913.en.html <http://www.bsdcan.org/2017/schedule/events/913.en.html>

Thank you

--
Dan Langille - BSDCan / PGCon