[bsdcan-announce] BSDCan 2019 update: newcomers, social, streaming, goats

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Thu May 9 13:29:46 UTC 2019

Hello BSDCan enthusiast,

I write with updates for BSDCan 2019.

1 - Newcomers orientation and mentorship
2 - Social event & menu
3 - Live streaming
4 - Goat BOF

The schedule can be found here: https://www.bsdcan.org/2019/schedule/

1 - Newcomers orientation and mentorship

Newcomers orientation and mentorship: If this is your first time at BSDCan, we highly recommend this session on Thursday night at 6PM in DMS 1140.  Experienced attendees are encouraged to mentor first-timers and help out. See https://www.bsdcan.org/2019/schedule/events/1140.en.html

2 - Social event & menu

The menu details for the social event on Saturday night have been posted.  Saturday 18 May from 6:45 PM at Sens House - 73 York Street, Ottawa

More details and the menu outline are at https://www.bsdcan.org/2019/schedule/events/1157.en.html

The menu will be updated with a vegan dinner and vegan canapes. I will post to this list once those details are available.

If you have dietary needs which are not met by that menu, please let us know via email to info at bsdcan.org with subject "Meals" as soon as you can. The venue is happy to help but we need to let them know by end of Monday 13th. This applies both to the social event and the tutorials/talks. If you need something, please let us know.

The venue will not have music. Conversation should be easy, not shouted over music.

Non-alcoholic beverages will be available free of charge.

3 - Live streaming

There will be live-streaming available.  Please watch our Twitter account for details: https://twitter.com/BSDCan

4 - Goat BOF

If you arrive before the tutorials start, be sure to attend the world-famous Goat BOF on 14 May at the Royal Oak at 161 Laurier Ave East. If case you are wondering what a Goat BOF is, this is how it got started: https://twitter.com/dlangille/status/462732293686452224

Thank you

Have a great time at BSDCan 2019.

—
Dan Langille