[bsdcan-volunteers] A/V Setup

Allan Fields afields at afields.ca
Tue May 9 05:39:26 PDT 2006

Hi,

I can help out with A/V setup..

I have a Digital-8 camera w/ 1394 and tripod which I brought out
last year, I could do the same again.

Preliminary investigations suggest that FreeBSD can be used as a
streaming media server, and I did some of that with ffmpeg for
BSDCan 2005 videos.  However, I learnt the hard way to actually
stream the video they have to be encoded specially, so I referenced
Linux HOWTOs, etc.

As far as realtime, is it possible.. I think yes.  But this
requires investigation.

Outstanding was to put the video on DVD after recoding DV files,
though I have already some: http://afields.ca/bsdcan/2005/.

I'll see if I can pull that stuff up again,
I copied OCUUG list, IIRC. [attached below]

-afields

----- From last year (2005): Some thought to encoding options.. -----

--
Allan Fields <afields at afields.ca> - Ottawa, Canada