[bsdcan-volunteers] Video streaming
scott5 at ovsage.org
Tue May 1 19:56:17 UTC 2012
I haven't tried it yet, but I did find some instructions:
How to watch YouTube Live in Hangouts:
• Start a Hangouts session in Google+ and invite your contacts to join you.
• In a separate browser tab, head over to YouTube.com/Live and select a live stream of your choice.
• Copy the YouTube video ID of the selected live stream. Not sure how to find it? Just click on the “share” link below the video. You’ll get to see a link like http://youtube.com/XXXXXXXX — the cryptic code after the slash is the video ID.
• Switch back to Hangouts, open the video tab and search for the ID.
• Click “Play,” and you’re all set.
On 2012-05-01, at 3:54 PM, Murphy Scott wrote:
> It seems that you can broadcast via youtube, with a custom URL. I haven't tracked down all the details yet, but those URLs just need to be sent to the facebook page, the twitter feed, plus any people who happen to be live tweeting/blogging during the sessions. It should be interesting to try it out.
> On 2012-05-01, at 3:34 PM, Richard Guy Briggs wrote:
>> On Tue, May 01, 2012 at 01:36:13PM -0400, Dan Langille wrote:
>>> Yes, but how would others find it?
>> Is it possible to make an event account on google? Or do they insist on
>> all accounts attached to real persons?
>>> Murphy Scott <scott5 at ovsage.org> wrote:
>>>> Well, we could get any people doing the streaming to create google
>>>> accounts (if they do not have them) and stream the individual items
>>>> they are responsible for. I'll look into it
>>>> On 2012-05-01, at 12:48 PM, Dan Langille wrote:
>>>>> We may have an opportunity to stream the talks live via Google
>>>>> Hangout… I wonder….
>>>>> Volunteers? We'd be doing this from my Google account… I'm not
>>>>> sure how we do that without you having complete access to my
>>>>> Dan Langille - http://langille.org
>>>> Scott Murphy
>> slainte mhath, RGB
>> Richard Guy Briggs -- ~\ -- ~\ <hpv.tricolour.net>
>> <www.TriColour.net> -- \___ o \@ @ Ride yer bike!
>> Ottawa, ON, CANADA -- Lo_>__M__\\/\%__\\/\%
>> Vote! -- <greenparty.ca>_____GTVS6#790__(*)__(*)________(*)(*)_________________
> Scott Murphy
> scott5 at ovsage.org
> bsdcan-volunteers mailing list
> bsdcan-volunteers at lists.bsdcan.org
scott5 at ovsage.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 203 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail
More information about the bsdcan-volunteers