[bsdcan-volunteers] infrastructure work

Alejandro Imass aimass at yabarana.com
Sun Oct 13 15:04:11 UTC 2013

[...]

> The BSDCan (along with PGCON and all my other projects) are in one repo.  I have to figure out how to grant access to those repos without > granting access to all the repos.

[...]

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 9:03 AM, Dan Langille <dan at langille.org> wrote:

> It was originally cvs, but I converted to subversion a few months ago.  So, yes, it is subversion.

So there are 2 ways to go about it: (1) separate each into a different
repo, (2) use path-based authorization.

The first one is the easiest and it's what we do: one project = repo.
When we encounter this situation we (a) tag a final version in the old
repo (e.g. svn cp trunk tags/20131013_before_split) (b) svn del any
trunk files, (c) create the new repo and import to a new trunk.

The second option is a bit more cumbersome but can be done so long as
the original paths allow it:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.serverconfig.pathbasedauthz.html

Best,

Alex