[bsdcan-volunteers] new website ready

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Wed Jan 8 15:32:31 UTC 2014

On 2014-01-07 11:56 PM, Adam Thompson wrote:
> On Tue 07 Jan 2014 08:28:41 PM CST, Dan Langille wrote:
>> A diff is a great idea. Many pages there!
>
> There are a substantial number of changes, but most of them are
> trivial.  Perhaps someone else can weed through the diff and see if
> any of this actually matters?  See attached.
> This was generated by first "wget -r" both sites, then "diff -ubditTwr
> -I '(new|www).bsdcan.org' www.bsdcan.org/ new.bsdcan.org/".

Thank you for that.

The schedules for 2011-2013 were not saved to svn.

I tar'd up those schedules from the websites, did an 'svn rm --force' on
the existing directories, untar'd, svn add, and checked in the latest.

The /phorum/ differences seem trivial though.

I ran wget concurrently in two screen sessions:

FINISHED --2014-01-08 15:14:01--
Total wall clock time: 4m 56s
Downloaded: 4069 files, 471M in 3m 0s (2.62 MB/s)

FINISHED --2014-01-08 15:12:37--
Total wall clock time: 3m 20s
Downloaded: 3568 files, 432M in 2m 0s (3.61 MB/s)

The diff shows a problem here:

http://www.bsdcan.org/2008/schedule/day_2008-05-14.en.html
http://new.bsdcan.org/2008/schedule/day_2008-05-18.en.html

But I think that's because 2008 has absolute links instead of relative
links.

Can someone else run this and review what they see?

i.e. the links on new.bsdcan.org go to
http://www.bsdcan.org/2008/schedule/day_2008-05-16.en.html

Most of the differences are CSS related.  The website is pulling in
http://www.bsdcan.org/css/ ... etc.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/