[bsdcan-announce] 5 weeks to go!

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Thu Apr 6 07:30:30 PDT 2006

Hi folks,

In this announcement:

Five weeks!
Sponsors
Travel plans
Works in Progress

FIVE WEEKS!

Five weeks from today, the FreeBSD Developer Conference will be half
over, the second day of tutorials will have started, people will be
collecting their registration packs at the Royal Oak, and another
BSDCan 2006 will be well underway!  If you haven't registered yet, I
encourage you to start now.  Don't miss out!

SPONSORS

BSDCan proudly announces that USENIX <http://www.usenix.org/> has
become a major sponsor of BSDCan 2006.  Our other major sponsor is
The FreeBSD Foundation <http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/>.

PARSE <http://www.parse.com/> will be providing the t-shirts for
BSDCan 2006.  T-shirts will be given to all conference attendees.

Our sponsors also include O'Reilly <http://www.oreilly.com/>,
Steven's Institute of Technology <http://www.stevens-tech.edu/>, The
FreeBSD Diary <http://www.freebsddiary.org/>, and FreshPorts
<http://www.freshports.org>.

TRAVEL PLANS

We urge you to make your travel plans immediately.  Not only do last
minute tickets cost more, if you need a visa, you must apply now.  If
you need a letter of invitation, please contact me and I will fax one
to your local consulate.

For tips and suggestions please read our travel and hotel page
<http://www.bsdcan.org/2006/travel.php>.

The schedule for BSDCan 2006 has been released.

   http://www.bsdcan.org/2006/schedule.php

WORKS IN PROGRESS

As for 2005, we will have a Works in Progress session
<http://www.bsdcan.org/2006/activity.php?id=110> where you can give a
5 minute talk about your projects.  Slides are optional.  See the URL
for details and sign up now.

See you at BSDCan 2006!