[bsdcan-announce] 4 weeks to go!

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Thu Apr 13 10:01:34 PDT 2006

Hi folks,

In this announcement:

Four weeks!
More Sponsors!
Open Source Weekend
Schedule Changes
Please help spread the word!

FOUR WEEKS!

It's just four very short weeks until BSDCan 2006.  Most people I
know have already booked their accommodation and travel.  However,
you may be one of those that wait until the last minute.  In the
first two years of BSDCan, there has always a small flood of
registrations in the last few weeks.  Don't put it off.  Do it today.

SPONSORS

Two new sponsors have come onboard:

  - iXsystems <http://www.ixsystems.com/>
  - nCircle <http://www.ncircle.com/>

We thank them for their support.  They join our other sponsors:

USENIX <http://www.usenix.org/>
The FreeBSD Foundation <http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/>.
PARSE <http://www.parse.com/>
O'Reilly <http://www.oreilly.com/>
Steven's Institute of Technology <http://www.stevens-tech.edu/
The FreeBSD Diary <http://www.freebsddiary.org/>
FreshPorts <http://www.freshports.org>.

OPEN SOURCE WEEKEND

Open Source Weekend (OSW) has been going for a number of years.  I've
been involved with OSW for a number of years.  This year, they will
be holding a an open source fun day at University of Ottawa, on
Sunday May 14, following BSDCan.  Admission is free.

  - http://www.ovsage.org/
  - http://www.osw.ca/

SCHEDULE CHANGES

We previously announced that one talk had been withdrawn.  We have a
replacement.  Dru Lavigne will talk about the BSD Certification
Group.

  <http://www.bsdcan.org/2006/activity.php?id=114>
  <http://www.bsdcan.org/2006/speaker.php?id=148>

In addition, there will also be a BoF for BSD Certification.

   <http://www.bsdcan.org/2006/activity.php?id=113>

SPREAD THE WORD

The BSDCan 2006 brochure has been updated.  Please download this two-
page PDF and spread it around.  Let your friends and local user
groups know about BSDCan.

  <http://www.bsdcan.org/2006/advocacy/bsdcan-brochure.pdf>

As always, if you have any suggestions or comments, please let us
know.

See you at BSDCan 2006!