[bsdcan-announce] One week left!

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Tue May 2 13:07:17 PDT 2006

Gidday folks!

In this announcements:

It's next week!
T-shirts
We're on for next year!
Thanks Sponsors
Sticking around on Sunday?

IT'S NEXT WEEK!

On Monday morning, the courier arrived with some BSDCan-related
material.  As I was walking back up the stairs, I realized: BSDCan is
next week!  OMG!

This time next week, some of the early birds will have arrived.
Everything is already in place.  There's not much left to do.  Oh
sure, we have to print up some badges, and put together your
registration pack, but that's pretty easy to do.

T-SHIRTS

By the way, this year, your BSDCan t-shirt is free, thanks to PARSE
<http://www.parse.com/>.  \o/

WE'RE ON FOR NEXT YEAR

Next week is the third annual BSDCan, and yes, there will be a
fourth.  The date is already set:

<http://www.bsdcan.org/phorum/read.php?f=2&i=90&t=90>

THANKS SPONSORS

The response by our sponsors has been terrific.  I want to thank the
folks from USENIX, The FreeBSD Foundation, PARSE, iXsystems,
O'Reilly, Stevens Institute of Technology, and nCircle.  Their
support is very valuable.

STICKING AROUND ON SUNDAY?

If you're sticking around on Sunday the 14th of May, there are a few
things we can do:

- tour of Parliament
    <http://www.parl.gc.ca/information/visitors/index-e.asp>

- War Museum
    <http://www.warmuseum.ca/cwm/information_e.html>

- baseball game
     <http://club.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/index.jsp?sid=t501>

We can easily do the War Museum or Parliament tour, then the game.
If you have other suggestions, please speak up

See you next week!