[bsdcan-announce] BSDCan 2016 - rooms in residence / first time at BSDCan?

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Thu Apr 28 16:17:52 UTC 2016

Hello,

In this note:

- Residence accommodation
- First time at BSDCan?
- About BSDCan
- BoF sessions
- If you meet our sponsors

* residence accommodation

U90, the main residence building on campus at University of Ottawa is a sought-after
accommodation.  Not only is U90 reasonably priced, it is also close to the talks and tutorials.
More importantly, it is in the same building as the hacker lounge. Need to duck back to
your room to grab something?  It is only minutes away. Most speakers and developers
stay in residence.

More rooms in U90 have recently become available because non-BSDCan groups have
cancelled their reservations.

NOTE: We have no financial interest in room occupancy and it is not related to the costs
of other conference facilities. We know how much those who stay in residence love it, and
want others to take advantage of rooms which are now available.

There is no criteria for joining the hacker lounge. You do not have to be a coder. You
do not have to be a contributor.  Come along. All are welcome.  Bring an extension cord
if you can.  WIFI is freely available.

* First time at BSDCan?

If this is your first BSDCan, we recommend you attend the 'Newcomers orientation and
mentorship' session on Thursday night at 6pm (location to be decided).  Join other first-timers
and many long-time attendees who will help you decide where to go, what to do, and especially
what not to miss!  There are soooo many things to do in Ottawa and at BSDCan.

   http://www.bsdcan.org/2016/schedule/events/767.en.html <http://www.bsdcan.org/2016/schedule/events/767.en.html>

* About BSDCan

BSDCan 2016 will be held on 10-11 June (Fri/Sat) at University of Ottawa in
the DMS (Desmarais) building, and will be preceded by two days of Tutorials on
8-9 June 2016 (Wed/Thu). http://www.bsdcan.org/2016/ <http://www.bsdcan.org/2016/>

The conference kicks off with the Goat BoF on Tuesday.  Come along and gather for
the first official event of BSDCan 2016 as everyone congregates at the Royal Oak
on Laurier.  Wednesday and Thursday will be tutorials. Friday and Saturday are the
main talks.

* BoF sessions

There are still room for more lunch time BoF sessions. If you have an idea, please
send email to activities at bsdcan.org <mailto:activities at bsdcan.org>.

Please help us spread the word by sharing on social media and user groups.

Registration is now open: http://www.bsdcan.org/2016/registration.php <http://www.bsdcan.org/2016/registration.php>

* If you meet our sponsors

If you meet our sponsors, please thank them and mention you know they are
sponsoring BSDCan 2016.

iXsystems              - http://www.ixsystems.com/
EMC                    - http://www.emc.com/
The FreeBSD Foundation - https://www.freebsdfoundation.org/