[bsdcan-volunteers] Daily Update
yashy at mail.yashy.com
Wed May 10 17:30:28 PDT 2006
There are still 12 positions required, they are surrounded by
parenthesis at the beginning of the line.
(1) Someone to bring in 12 bottles of water and a bag of ice each day,
find the cooler at the registration desk and put them in the cooler.
(1) need someone to run lunch to the person on registration desk
Registration - Dru
15:30-20:00 Thursday May 11 dlavigne6 at sympatico.ca,padre112 at hotmail.com
08:30-10:00 Friday 12 dlavigne6 at sympatico.ca,anoop at marketbridge.com
(1) 09:30-10:00 Saturday 13 dlavigne6 at sympatico.ca
- setup registration desk - books, t-shirts, and computer
- put power signs and cords into the lecture halls for those with
- put up signs on level 1 pointing people down to level zero (a
number of people will walk in on level 1 thinking it's the main
- post the schedule for the day at the registration desk and outside
Wireless Network - David Maxwell
Setup: 09:00 Wednesday 10
Teardown: 17:30 Saturday 13
Wireless network will be setup and under the control of David.
Security (4 volunteers for each track.. 3 + 1 backup)
(1) 8:45-11:45 Friday 12
shawn at i-surmesure.net,bill at strosberg.com,creekchubb at hotmail.com
(2) 13:45-17:45 Friday 12 creekchubb at hotmail.com,yashy at mail.yashy.com
(2) 9:45-11:45 Saturday 13 shawn at i-surmesure.net,creekchubb at hotmail.com
(2) 13:45-15:45 Saturday 13 creekchubb at hotmail.com,yashy at mail.yashy.com
16:15-16:45 Saturday 13 shawn at i-surmesure.net
Ensure there is water at the podiums before each talk.
Must check all badges entering a talk.
Ask anyone without a badge politely to leave. If they refuse or there
are any issues.. find myself or Dan.
Simply announces the speaker. "Thanks for joining $this_talk at BSDCan
2006, I have the pleasure to introduce $speaker".
- Provide information if asked
- Watch registration computer equipment etc
Friday 10:00-12:30 yashy at mail.yashy.com
Friday 12:30-14:00 dlavigne6 at sympatico.ca,shawn at i-surmesure.net (lunch
will be brought to you)
(1) Friday 14:00-18:00
Saturday 10:00-12:30 yashy at mail.yashy.com
Saturday 12:30-14:00 dlavigne6 at sympatico.ca,shawn at i-surmesure.net
(lunch will be brought to you)
(1) Saturday 14:00-12:30
Whoever does last shift of each day, at end of day they will need to
backup the power cords etc (leave the signs, but check them again the
More information about the bsdcan-volunteers