[bsdcan-volunteers] BSDCan Volunteer list: getting the ball rolling

Jeff Neitzel bsdcanvol at haven.v6shell.org
Tue May 9 18:49:08 UTC 2017

Excellent!  I arrive Tuesday night and will be there through Sunday,
departing for home early Monday morning.

I don't have any particular video experience or gear, except for
making a few and putting them on YouTube over the years.  So, my
only thoughts so far were to learning how and using the gear Dan
mentioned.  I'll have my laptop running OpenBSD 6.1-current with
me, if that is helpful somehow or the other.

Patrick McEvoy <patmcevoy at mac.com> wrote:

> Hello Folks,
> I am able to come to Ottawa for BSDCan
> Thurs (6/8) night through Sat night (6/10) to serve as a member of video
> team. I have spoken to Allan (via email) and it looks like we will be
> streaming some portion of the Con!
>
> The list so far looks like:
>
> Volunteers / Vid Staff: (Chronological volunteering order)
>
> Will Backman
> Myself (Pat McEvoy)
> Roller (roller at rollercomsolutions.com )
> Philip Creighton
> Jeff Neitzel
>

> Thoughts:
> Closer to time, should we exchange cell #'s? (Off list)

That sounds sensible to me.

> Areas of comfort:
> I have done a bunch of streaming using the Scale Engine system and feel
> pretty comfortable with that, but will be happy with any of the video
> jobs really.
>
> Does anyone else have a preference/area of experience they feel would be
> a help to the group? Dan mentioned that the gear will mostly be setup
> and ready to go. All we would need to do is run it.
> That's about all I have for now. Please add any of your thoughts as
> hashing details out before hand is much easier than during the mildly
> controlled chaos of a con.
> Hope you are all well.

Jeff